Before moving on from the subject of heroes, I thought I’d mention more people who’ve inspired me. Of course, the list could be much longer, but a few standouts are: Brad Will, Michelle Obama, Igor Stravinsky, and Albert Camus. And the Buddha, of course. I guess I admire these folks for being not just rebels, but revolutionaries. I’m reminded of a Machiavelli quote that goes something like: “There is no more difficult or dangerous undertaking than to change the existing order of things.” I’m interested in rebellion that profoundly challenges the status quo, and that’s what the names I mentioned have in common. Not to slam Courtney Love, but when someone like her is one of our biggest cultural “rebels,” then something is seriously wrong.
- A new home!
- Get ready for the Noise …
- Correction: BIO, not Solazyme, responsible for cloned pigs
- Cloned pigs used for human transplants
- William Burroughs knows
- STEPHEN HAWKING: TIME TRAVEL IS REAL!
- Show tomorrow at The Terrace
- Pics from LA JEMM festival
- RahmWatch: Emanuel at Daley’s Global Cities Forum
- On Avatar and Obamas